Binsar Mahadev Temple is a popular Hindu temple. The temple is located at a distance of about 20 km from the Windsor Lodge, Ranikhet. It is a beautiful and comfortable lodge to stay. It is nice property at Ranikhet with classical Infrastructure. There is a grand temple of Binsar Mahadev at a height of about five and a half thousand feet on the picturesque banks of the Kunj river. Built at an altitude of 2480 meters above sea level or surface, this temple is surrounded by lush green deodar forests. This temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva was built in the 10th century by King Pithu in memory of his father Bindu, hence this temple is also known as Bindeshwar temple. Inlaid with idols of Hindu deities in the form of Maheshmardini, Har Gauri and Ganesh, the architecture of this temple is magnificent. The idol of Mahisasuramardini is engraved with texts in Nagarilipi.
Binsar Mahadev Temple is a center of immense reverence for the people of the area. It is considered to be the holy place of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. Naturally, this place is very beautiful. Every year thousands of devotees come to visit the temple. It is believed that the Grand and beautiful temple of Binsar Mahadev Temple was built in a single. The surroundings of the temple offer beautiful views of freshwater springs and cedar forests. It is a unique place for meditation and a picnic. Binsar Mahadev ashram is also situated nearby the temple
A large number of devotees came here on the occasion of Baikunth Chaturdashi in the month of June. It is said that women devotees pray with lamps in their hands on this day for the Lord's blessings. Binsar Mahadev is famous for its Archeological significance.
River Rafting, the high-adrenaline sports of exploring a river in an inflatable raft, includes a few levels of obscurity, contingent upon how uneven the river is. These 'grades' of obscurity are arrived at according to the presence of rapids, which advance because of rapid force in the river’s stature, and furthermore on the addition of rocks – small or huge. The experience is adored by thousands from everywhere throughout the world and has quickly climbed the ladder of popularity and ubiquity among the adventure lovers.
River rafting in India holds a strong credit in making India an adventure sports hub where the state of Uttarakhand has played an essential role. Uttarakhand endorses the adventure sports of River rafting in a major manner as it is home to various destinations of it. If you visit Ranikhet for river rafting and search nice property in Ranikhet for a better stay, visit Windsor Lodge.
Grades of River Rafting:
· Grade 1: The easiest one and ideal for the beginners
· Grade 2: Moderate one and ideal for the novice rafters
· Grade 3: It requires better skills and techniques
· Grade 4: Ideal for the professionals only
· Grade 5: The hardest only for the experienced and trained experts
River Ganges, Rishikesh:
· Grade of rafting: Grade 1
· Distance covered: Approx 26 Kms
· Best time to go: Late October to March
Tons River, Uttarakhand:
· Grade of rafting: Grade 3 and 4
· Distance covered: Approx 10 Kms
· Best time to go: October and November
River Kali, Kumaon:
· Grade of rafting: Grade 4 and 5
· Best time to go: March, April, and October
River Kali, Pithoragarh:
· Grade of rafting: Grade 3 and above
· Distance covered: Approx 20 Kms
· Best time to go: March to June, September to October
River Kosi, Ranikhet:
· Grade of rafting: Grade 1 and 2
· Distance covered: Approx 20 Kms
· Best time to go: March to May